Roofing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Asphalt Shingles vs Wood Shingles
Perhaps your roof looks outdated? Maybe it's showing major signs of wear and tear? Maybe it's just not getting the job done in general? Whatever the case may be, you need new roofing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. There are a few different roofing options available, all of which offer something a little different in the ways of aesthetics and functionality. In this post, we'll discuss the merits and pitfalls of asphalt and wood shingles. Let's get into it!
Asphalt Roof Shingles
1. AffordableCompared to other roofing materials, asphalt shingles are exceedingly affordable.
2. Easy to InstallIn addition to being affordable, asphalt shingles are also very easy to install. Needing only to be nailed down, they can be set up relatively quickly.
3. Endless Color PossibilitiesLooking for a green roof? Maybe a red roof? Perhaps a plain, black roof? Whatever color it is that you're looking for, you can get it with asphalt shingles.
4. Low MaintenanceOne of the nicest things about asphalt shingles is that they require little to no maintenance once they've been installed. Unlike wood shingles, asphalt doesn't need to be finished and stained on a regular basis.
1. Limited DurabilityWhile they certainly don't possess short lifespans, asphalt shingles do possess the shortest lifespans of all roofing materials. You can expect around 20-25 years of use out of these shingles.
1. Attractive AppearanceIf you're looking to make your home stand out, you can do so with the use of wood shingles. Possessing an elegant, but rustic aesthetic, they will be the highlight of your neighborhood.
1. Require Regular MaintenanceThe major caveat of wood shingles is that they require regular maintenance. Failure to properly take care of a wood roof will result in its early demise. Not only will it become warped and waterlogged, it will become inundated with termites and other pests.
2. On the Expensive SideCompared to asphalt shingles, wood shingles are most certainly on the expensive side. In fact, it's found that wood shingles cost as much as 6 times more than asphalt shingles. The trade-off, of course, is that wood shingles will last longer.
3. Installation Can Be TroublingWhereas asphalt shingles can be installed with little fuss, wood shingle installation can be a little troubling. These types of shingles must be aligned perfectly so as not to disturb their distribution across the roof. However, as long as you hire a reputable roofer, this shouldn't pose much of a problem.
In Search of a Professional Roofing Company in Milwaukee?Are you looking to replace the roofing materials on your home? Searching for a professional roofing contractor in Milwaukee? If so, JM Remodeling & Construction is the company to call. For decades, residential and business clients have trusted JM Remodeling with their roofing needs. Our consultation process is simple and straight-forward but extremely detailed in nature. First and foremost, we listen. It is your property and you have ideas and strong opinions regarding the best way to address your roofing challenge. By listening, we are able to combine our knowledge of the industry with your desires to develop an optimal plan. After our consultation we provide a free estimate. We detail the work and costs associated with your project. Once we clear that part of the process, we schedule the work and flawlessly install a new roof! Our team of roof installers is well-versed in the installation of all types of roofing materials. Whether you seek out asphalt shingles roof or wood shingles roof, we can accommodate you. Contact us today to get started!
You can share this story by using your social accounts: