5 Lighting Tips for Your Bathroom
For reasons that aren’t easy to understand, many bathrooms tend to be poorly lit. Considering how much time people spend in their bathrooms, this is an interior design crime. Your bathroom deserves bright light just as much as your kitchen, bedroom, or living room. It’s our goal to supply it with such light. Without further ado, here are 5 lighting tips for your bathroom.
1. Illuminate Your MirrorsA great way to bring a fresh aesthetic to your bathroom is by installing lighting around your mirrors. Placing lights at the edges of your mirrors will give those mirrors an elegant and classic appearance. However, having lighting around your mirrors isn’t only good for appearances. It’s also functionally practical. The more light you put in close proximity to your mirrors, the better you’re going to be able to see the curves and contours of your face. Whether you want to install bright bulbs, or dim, ambient bulbs around your mirrors, the task can be best completed by an experienced home remodeler.
2. Use Bright ColorsWhile installing new light bulbs in your bathroom is the best way to improve its overall lighting, it isn’t the only way. Another way to brighten up your bathroom is by making use of bright colors. Bright paint, wallpaper, floors, shower curtains, and otherwise can go a long way in making your bathroom feel warm and inviting. Because bright colors don’t absorb much light, they reflect it back to its source, creating a beautiful, illuminated atmosphere. Not to mention, bright colors create an illusion of openness. By making use of bright colors, you’ll allow your bathroom to feel much bigger.
3. Utilize Natural LightWhen attempting to add light to your bathroom, it’s important to consider the merits of natural light. Natural light possesses a different appearance and feel than artificial lighting. Typically, it’s much more inviting in general. To take advantage of natural lighting in your bathroom, you’ll need to have windows installed. Another way to utilize natural light is to install a skylight or sun tunnel. It’s a good idea to have these windows installed at all different levels so that the light will creep into your bathroom from different angles and perspectives.
4. Install Floor LightsAnother option for lighting your bathroom is to add lights near your floors. Placing lights in this vicinity adds another dimension of atmosphere to your bathroom, providing ambiance and a feeling of lightness. These lights can be placed anywhere, but they’re often placed just underneath the front of vanities and cabinets. A professional remodeler will be able to brainstorm ideas with you so that you get the exact look that you’re hoping for. He or she will then be able to put those ideas into action, bringing an entirely new aesthetic to your bathroom.
5. Strengthen the AmbianceWhile you need bright light in certain parts of your bathroom (ie. next to the mirror), other parts of your bathroom can aesthetically benefit from a little more dimness. In these areas, you’ll be best served by ambient lighting. Ambient lighting will bring an atmosphere to your bathroom, making it feel greater and more luxurious than it may be. A great way to create ambient lighting is by recessing your light bulbs. Place them in pots or jars, or behind objects in order to produce different shades and perspectives of light.
Looking to Brighten Up Your Bathroom?Are you inspired? Are you ready to brighten up your bathroom? If so, and if you live in the Milwaukee area, JM Remodeling and Construction are the people to call. We’ve been serving Milwaukee and its surrounding areas for over 25 years, offering only the best in professionalism and customer service. Bonded, certified, and insured, we’re prepared to transform the appearance of your bathroom. Contact us today to get started!
You can share this story by using your social accounts: